The Student News Site of Wauconda High School

Purple Press

Purple Press

Breaking News
  • Oct 5 / Girls Freshman VolleyballWauconda High School - 3-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-3(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls JV VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls Varsity VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Sep 14 / Varsity Boys SoccerWauconda High School - 1, Round Lake - 2
  • Sep 14 / Cross CountryWauconda High School - The Cross Country program continued its season with success at a challenging Veteran's Acres course. The Boys F/S team took home a top 5 finish with a tight pack and smart racing, while the girls were led by a 9th overall Varsity finish by senior Alyssa Vodicka. The team hopes to continue its success out at their home invitational this Saturday!, -
  • Dec 1 / BasketballWauconda High School - 80, Them - 60
  • Oct 2 / FootballWauconda High School - 28, Away - 14
  • Sep 1 / HockeyWauconda High School - 2, Away - 3

Purple Press

Purple Press

Review of Wauconda Library

Wauconda Library

The Wauconda Library at 801 N Main St, is a perfect place to study for people of all ages. If you want to bring your kids to check out some books or movies, there is a kiddy area in the lower level of the library! This area has a playground, computers filled with educational games, coloring supplies and paper, books, and movies! Your kids will be having just as much fun as you are. There’s a tank full of all different kinds of fish you can interact with. Not to mention the staff down there is amazing!

Wauconda Library also has an upper level area. On this level there are many computers available to use for your personal purposes! Whether it be for job applications, video games, research or writing, these computers are always available! All you have to do is “check one out” even though it never leaves the library.

The upper level also has multiple reading spots. I go there all the time on my school breaks and it’s a very quiet and peaceful place to read! I would highly recommend the spots by their big open windows that overlook the woods. It’s a very nice place to read.

The staff are always so helpful and polite. Whenever I need help looking for a book, pencil, paper, or movie, they are always there and happy to provide it! Whenever somebody walks in they are always greeted with a quiet, but polite, hello!

Quiet, peaceful, and helpful staff! Who wouldn’t want to go to Wauconda Library?