The Student News Site of Wauconda High School

Purple Press

Purple Press

Breaking News
  • Oct 5 / Girls Freshman VolleyballWauconda High School - 3-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-3(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls JV VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls Varsity VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Sep 14 / Varsity Boys SoccerWauconda High School - 1, Round Lake - 2
  • Sep 14 / Cross CountryWauconda High School - The Cross Country program continued its season with success at a challenging Veteran's Acres course. The Boys F/S team took home a top 5 finish with a tight pack and smart racing, while the girls were led by a 9th overall Varsity finish by senior Alyssa Vodicka. The team hopes to continue its success out at their home invitational this Saturday!, -
  • Dec 1 / BasketballWauconda High School - 80, Them - 60
  • Oct 2 / FootballWauconda High School - 28, Away - 14
  • Sep 1 / HockeyWauconda High School - 2, Away - 3

Purple Press

Purple Press

Springing Into Wauconda High School Activities

What goes on during Springtime with Wauconda High School Students’ and their activities?

April doesn’t just bring May flowers, it also brings fun activities to do during the spring for Wauconda High School students! Whether it be sports, clubs, or outside activities, we all look forward to the warm weather and soft green grass. But how can you soak up that fresh air and vitamin D while also being involved in clubs/sports? There are many activities to get yourself involved in, including the spring play. The spring play this year is Macbeth by Shakespeare. It includes lots of special effects including stage blood, real sword fighting and amazing lighting. 

Research from https://cbtprofessionals.com.au/ states “Spring, with its undeniable charm, influences our mental health in myriad ways. The season offers a break from winter’s grip, encourages engagement with nature, and promotes physical activity – all factors that can boost our mood and mental well-being.” Warm weather and the Bright sun allows students to bring their activities outside, or even during the school day. Dr. Mack states, “I get to teach outside sometimes and it’s fun for me and my students.” On the students’ side, there are several events to enjoy. Iz dewar says “I like Spring Fling because I get to hang out with my friends.”. Being outside and connecting with your community is so important and the springtime is a perfect time to meet new people and join new club activities before summer break starts. There is also a wide range of clubs that you can join at anytime including YAB, French Club, Drama Club, TRUST, and many other clubs that you can check out on the Wauconda high school’s website.

There are also plenty of sports taking place during spring at Wauconda high school like Track, Soccer, lacrosse, Tennis, and baseball. Participating in sports is a great way to enjoy the fresh air and spend time with friends, while also competing in fun games. If you would like to join a sport for next year, make sure to email the coaches from the Wauconda high school website located under the staff directory.

Spring, bringing longer days of sunshine, is a wonderful time to soak in the warmer weather, fresh air, and school activities that are flowing in as the school year ends. So get out there and join these clubs!