The Student News Site of Wauconda High School

Purple Press

Purple Press

Breaking News
  • Oct 5 / Girls Freshman VolleyballWauconda High School - 3-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-3(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls JV VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls Varsity VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Sep 14 / Varsity Boys SoccerWauconda High School - 1, Round Lake - 2
  • Sep 14 / Cross CountryWauconda High School - The Cross Country program continued its season with success at a challenging Veteran's Acres course. The Boys F/S team took home a top 5 finish with a tight pack and smart racing, while the girls were led by a 9th overall Varsity finish by senior Alyssa Vodicka. The team hopes to continue its success out at their home invitational this Saturday!, -
  • Dec 1 / BasketballWauconda High School - 80, Them - 60
  • Oct 2 / FootballWauconda High School - 28, Away - 14
  • Sep 1 / HockeyWauconda High School - 2, Away - 3

Purple Press

Purple Press

Wauconda Wrestling

An Update on Our Wrestling Bulldogs!
Wauconda+Wrestling

With the Wauconda Wrestling underway, here are some of the things that you need to know about the season and what’s going on!

As of the interview (December 12th, 2023), the wrestling team has won 6 of the 7 matches that they’ve been a part of, a staggering 85% win percentage! Not only this, but the Bulldog wrestlers won the Richmond-Burton tournament, so great work to them! Head Coach Trevor Jauch and assistant coaches Ryan Jauch, Mr. Milella, and Mr. Kenneson are very proud and have been essential in leading this team to victory. With this team come leaders, which currently are Nick Cheshire and Logan Andrews, who are two returning state qualifiers. The other 6 returning qualifiers are L. Galdine, C. Daun, C. Porten, and M. Meverick, and the two returning state CHAMPIONS are Gavin Rockne and Nathan Randall. Along with this incredible team, some new freshman faces have come to. A. Marrello and B. Hart have recently come to make their mark on this team, with Hart being the only freshman on the VARSITY wrestling team this year! Great work! Mr. Yauch, who on his 6th year coaching this team, is posting things on Twitter about matches in the future and the team in general, and other resources about meets can be found on the Bulldog Fan App. Great work to the team and coaches!