The Student News Site of Wauconda High School

Purple Press

Purple Press

Breaking News
  • Oct 5 / Girls Freshman VolleyballWauconda High School - 3-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-3(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls JV VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls Varsity VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Sep 14 / Varsity Boys SoccerWauconda High School - 1, Round Lake - 2
  • Sep 14 / Cross CountryWauconda High School - The Cross Country program continued its season with success at a challenging Veteran's Acres course. The Boys F/S team took home a top 5 finish with a tight pack and smart racing, while the girls were led by a 9th overall Varsity finish by senior Alyssa Vodicka. The team hopes to continue its success out at their home invitational this Saturday!, -
  • Dec 1 / BasketballWauconda High School - 80, Them - 60
  • Oct 2 / FootballWauconda High School - 28, Away - 14
  • Sep 1 / HockeyWauconda High School - 2, Away - 3

Purple Press

Purple Press

Spring Sports

Spring+Sports

Throughout Wauconda High School, there are many sports that are offered to student athletes. In the spring season, sports vary from baseball, softball, lacrosse, track & field, girls soccer, and boys tennis. Baseball and softball athletes take center stage during the spring season, having frequent games throughout their season. The excitement of hearing the crack of a bat, the cheering from the crowd, and the freshly cut grass all create a memorable environment. Another sport like lacrosse is an exhilarating and fast-paced sport that displays the elements of speed, skill, and teamwork from the players. Lacrosse is also known for its physicality and intensity. One of the highlights of the spring sports season is definitely track & field. This sport displays a variety of different events throughout. From sprinting, to jumping, to throwing, this is a unique sport that showcases the incredible strength, athleticism, and dedication of high school athletes. Meanwhile, girls soccer is a dynamic sport that captivates athletes and viewers with the speed, skills, and footwork from the players. They have to have great endurance throughout their games if they want to keep up with the other athletes. Lastly, boys’ tennis fosters a sense of sportsmanship and camaraderie among their players. Each match is a challenge of physical and mental agility, while players have to strategize to outplay their opponent. Overall, sports are definitely a fun and exciting thing to do in the spring. There are so many options to choose from, and trying new sports is always a great idea.