The Student News Site of Wauconda High School

Purple Press

Purple Press

Breaking News
  • Oct 5 / Girls Freshman VolleyballWauconda High School - 3-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-3(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls JV VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls Varsity VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Sep 14 / Varsity Boys SoccerWauconda High School - 1, Round Lake - 2
  • Sep 14 / Cross CountryWauconda High School - The Cross Country program continued its season with success at a challenging Veteran's Acres course. The Boys F/S team took home a top 5 finish with a tight pack and smart racing, while the girls were led by a 9th overall Varsity finish by senior Alyssa Vodicka. The team hopes to continue its success out at their home invitational this Saturday!, -
  • Dec 1 / BasketballWauconda High School - 80, Them - 60
  • Oct 2 / FootballWauconda High School - 28, Away - 14
  • Sep 1 / HockeyWauconda High School - 2, Away - 3

Purple Press

Purple Press

Whisk Bakery and Coffee Shop

Looking for a sweet treat, or a hang out for friends? Come to this bakery in Wauconda!
Photo by : Foursquare
- Courtesy of Whisk bakery
Photo by : Foursquare – Courtesy of Whisk bakery

Whisk Bakery is located on 216 S Main St, downtown Wauconda. The hidden bakery, founded in 2014, has a lot to offer with the cozy small town feel the second you walk in, wrapping you in the warm scent of baked goods and a cozy home-like atmosphere. They are welcoming and claim that “whether you are walking in our doors to cozy up with the wifi, gathering with friends, or grabbing something to go, we look forward to being a part of your day, and to you being a part of ours!” There is also a big variety of treats and drinks to get. 

If you take a look at their website whiskbakeryandcoffeeshop.com/cakes-and-cupcakes/, you can scroll endlessly on creative, decorated baked goods like cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and innovative, artsy designed pastries. Whisk has pretty flexible hours of Tuesday 7:30am-4:00pm, Wednesday-Friday 7:30am-5:00pm, and Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-1:00pm which are all good hours for students who want a sweet treat after school, or during open campus for upperclassmen. 

I personally tried a snickerdoodle bar, and a cake pop. The snickerdoodle bar was to die for and I wanted another one the second I finished, meanwhile the cake pop was not to my taste, being a bit too hard to bite into and not tasting the greatest, but overall if you go to a bakery there might not be something for everyone. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family, and go back to  try something new.