The Student News Site of Wauconda High School

Purple Press

Purple Press

Breaking News
  • Oct 5 / Girls Freshman VolleyballWauconda High School - 3-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-3(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls JV VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls Varsity VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Sep 14 / Varsity Boys SoccerWauconda High School - 1, Round Lake - 2
  • Sep 14 / Cross CountryWauconda High School - The Cross Country program continued its season with success at a challenging Veteran's Acres course. The Boys F/S team took home a top 5 finish with a tight pack and smart racing, while the girls were led by a 9th overall Varsity finish by senior Alyssa Vodicka. The team hopes to continue its success out at their home invitational this Saturday!, -
  • Dec 1 / BasketballWauconda High School - 80, Them - 60
  • Oct 2 / FootballWauconda High School - 28, Away - 14
  • Sep 1 / HockeyWauconda High School - 2, Away - 3

Purple Press

Purple Press

Why is ‘thanK you aIMee’ such a big deal?

Taylor Swift has come out with her 14th Album, and fans could not be more happy. When listening to the album one song in it stands out specifically, which is the song “thanK you aIMee”. The weird capitalization and spelling of the name Amy makes this stand out as a song. Not long after it was released fans realized that the 3 letters spell out the word KIM. Which fans believe to be about Kim Kardashian, and Taylor Swift and Kim Kardashian don’t have the best relationship. 

If you don’t know the full story already about them. To put it simply, in 2011 Kim and other mega popular artist Kanye West were married, and in February of 2011 Kanye released his song “Famous” where he was saying some lyrics directly targeted towards Taylor. One of the lines being “I made that b**** [Taylor] famous.” And in February 2016 an instagram post was made by the New york times writer Jon Caramanica saying that Taylor was unaware of Kanye West having lyrics bashing her. Later that year in June, Kim had made a statement that Taylor knew that those types of lyrics were going to be in it, and posted a video of Taylor and Kanye on a phone call where it seems like Taylor Swift approved those lyrics. Starting the trend of posts saying ‘Taylor is a snake’. Later it was proved that Kim Kardashian had edited the video to make it look like Taylor Swift said yes to these lyrics. 

Knowing this information is important because after this situation ended Kim and Taylor didn’t really bother each other.They just kept their distance from each other, not causing any more drama with each other. The thing about this song is that it’s a diss track, with the only time Aimee being in the lyrics it spells out to be KIM. Making fans speculate even more that the song was directly dissing Kim. 

The fandom is split about this issue. Some fans say that she’s only stating what happened and is just speaking up about how Kim Kardashian is a bully. But on the other side,  lots of people are confused and upset that Taylor Swift is bringing up drama from over 10 years ago. Lots of fans are upset that she seems to “always create new drama” and are tired of what they think is a person who runs on drama in her life; this upset attitude is reasonable. As far as we know, Kim hasn’t brought up Taylor Swift or any drama with her after the huge scandal. As far as this topic goes it’s really how you interpret the song to be. 

Whether you see the song as just a way for Taylor to express or talk about her relationship with Kim in the past. People who know about this all have different opinions but the truth is, it’s your opinion and as long as you’re not hurting anyone because you think your opinion is right, then you’re fine to think whatever you want.