The Student News Site of Wauconda High School

Purple Press

Purple Press

Breaking News
  • Oct 5 / Girls Freshman VolleyballWauconda High School - 3-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-3(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls JV VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls Varsity VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Sep 14 / Varsity Boys SoccerWauconda High School - 1, Round Lake - 2
  • Sep 14 / Cross CountryWauconda High School - The Cross Country program continued its season with success at a challenging Veteran's Acres course. The Boys F/S team took home a top 5 finish with a tight pack and smart racing, while the girls were led by a 9th overall Varsity finish by senior Alyssa Vodicka. The team hopes to continue its success out at their home invitational this Saturday!, -
  • Dec 1 / BasketballWauconda High School - 80, Them - 60
  • Oct 2 / FootballWauconda High School - 28, Away - 14
  • Sep 1 / HockeyWauconda High School - 2, Away - 3

Purple Press

Purple Press

My Review of Taylor Swift’s 1989 Album (Taylor’s Version)

My Review of Taylor Swifts 1989 Album (Taylors Version)
Cosmopolitan

I am a long time Taylor Swift fan, and when I say long time I mean seven years old dancing to her debut album in my room, which I know I was very late to. Recently her songs have been much more slow and more dreamy which isn’t exactly my vibe so I haven’t been listening to her songs as often but she has recently put some new songs in her “taylors version” albums so I thought I would review her most recent album “1989 (taylors version)”. Starting with “Slut!”.  This song, in my opinion, doesn’t really fit with the rest of the album, I mean hits like “Blank Space” and “Style” have a very pop upbeat happy song with a sad feeling, while “Slut!” has a very, as said in the song, “drunk in love” airy feeling which in my opinion is a bit of a different vibe then the rest of the album. That said, if this was a single or had its own album I think it would do very well, it has very good lyrics and the rhythm makes me want to melt into a puddle on the floor… in a good way. Which leads me to “Say Don’t Go”. This is a long song which I normally don’t like but I felt like she had a lot to say in this song and I think she said it. This one felt a little bit more in sync with the rest of the album, still a bit different but more with the vibe or the rest of the album. Next is “is it over now” which I feel is like the heartbroken angry sister to “out of the woods”, this song had emotion pouring out of it and the rhythm and rhyme in some parts was absolutely amazing. This song makes me realize why Taylor Swift is a billionaire now. The next song is “ Now That We Don’t Talk” which I thought was very satisfying that there was a slow realization that she doesn’t need the person she’s talking about in the song anymore. Overall I think it was good but not overwhelmingly so. Which brings me to the last song, “Suburban Legends”. This song is very powerful and I found myself getting lost in the story of it. Personally I love a song that I can find a story in and this song creates a perfect picture of a young love story. Overall, I really enjoyed listening to Taylor Swift’s new songs for this article and I hope you enjoyed hearing my two cents on Taylor Swift’s new songs.