The Student News Site of Wauconda High School

Purple Press

Purple Press

Breaking News
  • Oct 5 / Girls Freshman VolleyballWauconda High School - 3-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-3(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls JV VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Oct 5 / Girls Varsity VolleyballWauconda High School - 2-0(sets), North Chicago - 0-2(sets)
  • Sep 14 / Varsity Boys SoccerWauconda High School - 1, Round Lake - 2
  • Sep 14 / Cross CountryWauconda High School - The Cross Country program continued its season with success at a challenging Veteran's Acres course. The Boys F/S team took home a top 5 finish with a tight pack and smart racing, while the girls were led by a 9th overall Varsity finish by senior Alyssa Vodicka. The team hopes to continue its success out at their home invitational this Saturday!, -
  • Dec 1 / BasketballWauconda High School - 80, Them - 60
  • Oct 2 / FootballWauconda High School - 28, Away - 14
  • Sep 1 / HockeyWauconda High School - 2, Away - 3

Purple Press

Purple Press

OP-ED Who Will Win It All?

NBA Finals 2024

The NBA playoffs are a postseason tournament that consist of 8 teams in each conference, the West and the East. Teams battle throughout the regular season to earn a high seed in the playoffs. The #1 seed and #8 seed play against each other, the #2 seed and #7 see play against each other, the #3 seed and #6 seed, and the #4 seed and the #5 seed play against each other. The winner of each series will advance to play the other teams that won and so on and so forth. The playoffs are known for their intensity and high stakes, as teams battle it out on the court to advance to the next round. The playoffs typically take place for several weeks, with the NBA Finals marking the culmination of this year’s season and crowning the league champion. This year, teams like the Boston Celtics, Oklahoma City Thunder and Denver Nuggets have dominated the regular season. I believe the Denver Nuggets will return to the NBA Finals after winning the championship the year previously. However, I believe they will fall short of winning back-to-back championships as they will lose to the Boston Celtics in 6 games.